Sunday 10 November 2013

All in the name of 'beauty' !

A few days ago my boyfriend showed me an article I couldn't scroll past. A man has sued his wife over ugly children and won, yes you read that right, WON ! Although I had pre perceived opinions on the story before I even read it, I soon came to slighty change my viewpoint halfway through reading. I feel like this story has some significance to the growing craze of Instagram and other social media outlets. Insta fame, how many likes you get, how many followers you have are some peoples reality. Social media has allowed the formation of an idealistic persona that is a totally opposite representation of the actual person. Don't get me wrong, we are all guilty of adding a filter that gives any picture the perfect touch. However, it's sad to see some people edit so much to the point it doesn't even resemble them in real life. In relation to the article, it's somewhat a sort of false advertisement. I would be pissed as hell too! Each to their own, but filters, photoshop and surgery doesn't change the REAL you. In this case, the characteristics your children are bound to inherit. I guess what I'm trying to say is I wish we could all embrace our individuality more despite society's definition of beauty. Though I half agree with the husbands points, the fact that he went out of his way to sue his wife of the time is beyond crazy. The $120 000 he won doesn't change the fact that those are his kids. Kids that are also human and will probably have a hard time breaking away from the 'ugly' label, inflicted by their own blood. Crazy. 


Read full article: http://www.chicagonow.com/dad-all-day/2013/11/man-sues-wife-over-ugly-kids-and-wins/

-Posted by Vanessa 

No comments:

Post a Comment